Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Patterns and Liberty.

The gorgeous Spring weather we are already experiencing here in the Hunter spurred me on to begin planning my Spring/Summer sewing. My goal for this season is to sew a collection that is suitable for everyday where. Most garments I sew are lovely, yet are items I do not often wear. My pattern collection reflects this also.

So recently I began to stock up on everyday wear garment patterns. I bought some patterns from Sewaholic and Colette Patterns. I also recently purchased Gertie's book, which does have a couple of things I would class as everyday wear for me. I also purchased these four patterns from auntonniesnest on Etsy:





I decided that if I am going to be focusing on sewing everyday wear, I needed to make an effort to sew the garments in fabric I would feel special wearing. Liberty always feels good to wear, so I bought a few pieces on ebay.

 ~ 1.5m of Fairford in blue ~

 ~ 1m of Lodden ~

~ 1.6m of Emillie's Flowers ~

The Lodden will definitely become another Sorbetto, but I am still undecided about the other two. Any suggestions?

Sam xox

1 comment:

  1. Ooh lovely! I particularly like the red coat and the green dress - swoonsome. Enjoy making them.

    ReplyDelete