Thursday, August 9, 2012
Pattern Tester: Cambie dress.
A while ago I was lucky enough to be selected to test Tasia's Cambie dress pattern for her Sewaholic patterns range. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to pattern test for her again, as the last time I did so was with her very first pattern the Pendrell blouse.
Weeks of back to back cold weather and rain delayed me taking photos of the finished dress. Then I underwent heart surgery to fix a problem with my heart. This delayed things even further!
My Cambie dress was made following View B. I omitted the pockets as these are not something I like to have in my dresses. I sewed up a size 8, but it turned out a little too big, so I had to take it in. The fabric is a light textured cotton that I have had in my stash for over a year. I had been saving it to sew up into a dress, and when I saw this pattern I knew it fit the bill perfectly. I lined the bodice with the same fabric, but left the skirt unlined. To prevent the skirt being see through I wear it with a petticoat, which also adds a bit of volume to the skirt. I really love how Tasia has included a separate waist band piece to join the bodice to the skirt (although with my belt on this can't be seen). The finished dress reminds me a lot of the dress I made for One Pattern Seven Bloggers.
It's so nice to be blogging again! I am still recovering from my operation and am still quite sore and bruised, but I am determined to get some sewing done tomorrow.