Thursday, August 9, 2012

Pattern Tester: Cambie dress.


A while ago I was lucky enough to be selected to test Tasia's Cambie dress pattern for her Sewaholic patterns range. I was thrilled to have the opportunity to pattern test for her again, as the last time I did so was with her very first pattern the Pendrell blouse.

Weeks of back to back cold weather and rain delayed me taking photos of the finished dress. Then I underwent heart surgery to fix a problem with my heart. This delayed things even further!


My Cambie dress was made following View B. I omitted the pockets as these are not something I like to have in my dresses. I sewed up a size 8, but it turned out a little too big, so I had to take it in. The fabric is a light textured cotton that I have had in my stash for over a year. I had been saving it to sew up into a dress, and when I saw this pattern I knew it fit the bill perfectly. I lined the bodice with the same fabric, but left the skirt unlined. To prevent the skirt being see through I wear it with a petticoat, which also adds a bit of volume to the skirt. I really love how Tasia has included a separate waist band piece to join the bodice to the skirt (although with my belt on this can't be seen). The finished dress reminds me a lot of the dress I made for One Pattern Seven Bloggers.






It's so nice to be blogging again! I am still recovering from my operation and am still quite sore and bruised, but I am determined to get some sewing done tomorrow.

Sam xox

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear Sam, so sorry to hear about your operation, but it's encouraging to see you up and about and in your beautiful Cambie! Take it nice and slow until your fully recovered, nice to have you back though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great!
    congrats on such a fast recovery, keep up the good work.
    love your garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back, and well on your road to a fast recovery. You are looking well and I love your dress.
    Is that your garden? you must have really green thumb as it is looking good.

    Patricia

    ReplyDelete