Monday, January 3, 2011

Scalloped edges.

As you know I am loving the "Betty Draper" suit jacket Tilly made recently. I finally found the pattern for sale online last week in my size - so now it is on its way to me. Finding people's blogs who have made vintage garments I like is pretty exciting! If I love the garment enough I go in search of the vintage pattern they have used on eBay, Etsy, and other online vintage pattern stores. This search can take many weeks, sometimes months, as I search and wait for the pattern to appear for sale in my size. Does anyone else find this the tricky part of vintage clothes making? Actually finding the pattern in your size?


What I like about this jacket is that it is lightweight enough for Australian autumn/winter weather. I also like the femininity of the scalloped edges. I think they are a really cute feature and help the jacket to look good when it is buttoned up.

Speaking of scalloped edges, the Burda Style website recently wrote a brief piece on sewing scalloped edges. Even if you are not considering making a garment with scallops any time soon, it is still worth checking out for the gorgeous photos of vintage clothing. Just lovely.

On a side note, I have been working on my Sewing Homework this week and will be "handing it in" on Friday :-)

Sam xox

No comments:

Post a Comment