Thursday, December 23, 2010

Clever girls.

I think I have the cleverest girlfriends ever! Last night I was lucky enough to be the recipient of some beautiful handmade gifts.

Mill gave me these gorgeous cushions, both made from antique pink silk. One has mother of pearl button details. The other has a line of lace from her great-great-grandmothers stash!





The second gift was from Mel. Remember a while ago I posted about the blanket she was crocheting, and I was encouraging her to "keep going"? Well, she had been madly crocheting in secret this beauty...



Mel has spent the last few months making this blanket for me as a Christmas gift. She worked on this blanket during her commute to work. She worked on this blanket during a holiday down the coast. I am still getting my head around the hours she has spent making this blanket for me! It is so very beautiful and so very generous of her to give me this. It is also the first crochet item she has finished too which is extra special.

Thank you girls! I am in crafty-gift heaven!

Sam xox

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sam
    What lovely friends you have, and how lucky are you to be surrounded by all that craftiness!
    Thanks for checking in on me I have been so productive lately, too productive to update my blog! But I will get all of my projects up there very soon.
    I made two dresses for myself! Can't wait to show you the pictures.
    Have a great christmas surrounded by friends and family. I am off to the Woodford Folk Festival the day after christmas and can not wait to get into all things folky!
    Chat to you after I get back
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. What lovely gifts. I love hand crafted goods. Lucky you to have some fab friends!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely gifts! I'm not sure which I like more, the pillows are so pretty and feminine, but that blanket looks pretty cozy! You are lucky to have such crafty friends!

    ReplyDelete