Saturday, October 9, 2010

For the little ones.


I have decided to buy most (if not all) of my Christmas gifts this year from Etsy. There are so many fantastic, original and quality items on Etsy these days that I feel it would be a waste of my money to shop in multi-million dollar chain stores and shopping malls. I know I am not the first person to feel like this, and I certainly won't be the last, but I just felt that it had to be said. Make it my second 'simple life' pledge.

So tonight the search began. As some of our family are now living overseas, posting gifts to them through Australia post will be a nightmare! Take my gift to Mill when she moved to the US. I sent her 6 50g balls of wool plus two sets of knitting needles. It cost me over $20 to post it! More that the gift had cost! Never again.

So I have turned to Etsy for help. While it will be kinda weird to have a stranger send our loved ones their Christmas presents, hopefully the beauty of the item will distract their eyes from seeing the unfamiliar 'from' address printed on the bottom of the parcel.

Tonight the search began, to find the perfect gift for a 2 year old lady.







Doesn't it just make you wish you were a kid again?

Sam xox

6 comments:

  1. hi sam - the patterns i use are all my own! at the time i don't have any plans to begin selling them either unfortunately. sorry! :)

    best-i

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all lovely finds for the wee ones! Thanks for the shout out for my 4 seasons tree.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Agreed! Etsy is such an exciting and fulfilling way to find that something special for that someone special! We have been gifting handmade for a couple of years, now, and it's so much fun to give these gifts. Thank you, sincerely, for including my Rainbow Matching & Sorting Game in your shopping guide! I am honored to be amongst such fine company.

    Stephanie
    Blackbeary Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those toys are awesome! How will you be able to chose which one(s) to get for the little lady? I agree with you--let Etsy deal with shipping.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Sam,
    I too am looking to give gifts that have been made with a bit more heart than those in the big stores. I would much rather support smaller businesses than the big conglomerates.
    Tracy
    P.S.I love your label on the shorts, where do you get those made?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm with you. I'd love to support someone like me who is trying to make a little extra with their hobby/craft, plus I love to give original gifts. Of course, ideally, I would make them all, but you know that would never happen!

    ReplyDelete